Published 15 Aug 2023
What is a Real Estate Form?
A real estate form is a type of document or questionnaire used by brokers and realtors for collecting information in relation to the real estate in their portfolio. A good real estate document should allow potential buyers to provide information such as viewing dates, amenities and property styles, and other important buyer information. These forms can range from legal documents to property listing forms. The information from real estate forms depends on the broker but there are numerous templates available online.
In this article
- Why Real Estate Forms are Important
- When to use a Real Estate Form
- App for Property Assessment
- Featured real estate form templates
Why Real Estate Forms are Important
Real estate agents benefit from using real estate forms to lessen the hassle of managing properties. Utilizing real estate forms is important when making a sale or rental since it helps you ensure that all property and buyer information is covered and appropriately filled out. This will allow you to work efficiently and promptly submit documentary requirements, especially for legal real estate forms such as agreements, contracts, permits, and other documents. Another advantage of real estate forms is that there are many available tools and templates online. This saves a real estate agent the hassle of planning what information they need which can also prevent missing out on other details. Potential buyers and property sellers prefer a well-organized real estate form instead of manually writing down their information which can help with broker and buyer relationships.
When to use a Real Estate Form
A real estate form should be utilized all throughout the sales or rental process. This is also a guide for the real estate business and broker to know what plan they can implement to make a sale. This ensures smooth transaction for the realtor, owner, and buyer by having recorded forms and documents present. Real estate forms can be used to negotiate and can serve as a binding document to prevent arguments between the parties from escalating.
App for Property Assessment
SafetyCulture (formerly iAuditor) is a software program that lets you create digital forms that is tailored to your needs. Being in the real estate industry, there is a lot of forms and other types of documents involved when making a sale or renting out a property. These documents could pile up, especially for paper-based forms. To help you manage your real estate forms, utilizing an app such as SafetyCulture will expedite the process of creating, writing, and collating your documents. The features of this application will eliminate the need for additional printed forms and enable you to spend more time on more important matters.
- Smart Forms – create and customize unlimited forms. SafetyCulture also allows you to convert existing real estate documents into a digital form. The real estate forms can also be scheduled, notifications will be sent to your mobile devices.
- Forms library – have access to 100,000 free downloadable forms. These forms can also be edited according to your requirements.
- Data Sync – Copies of your real estate forms will be available across multiple devices and to all users in your organization. These are automatically saved via Cloud Syncing. Internet access is required for this feature but the forms could still be filled out without it and will only be synced once internet connection is regained.
- Fast reporting – experience real-time data collection and detailed analytics.
- Integrations – integrate other softwares or applications you use with SafetyCulture
- Web platform – the benefit of having a web platform instead of a downloaded software is having access anywhere and saving storage space on your computer. This platform is constantly updated to allow smooth user experience.
Featured real estate form templates
This template is used by realtors to send out to their clients. The major difference between this and the previous real estate form is that the owner or developer of the property is in charge of filling out the form or sending out the information. Brokers won’t have to physically go to them or to the property to collect information, just send the form and wait for it to be accomplished.
This template should be utilized when conducting property inspections before and after a showing. By using this alongside SafetyCulture, the inspection reports will be saved and can be viewed through the platforms. The app’s data analytics can help you check a property’s repetitive issues and create actions to fix problems in the property. This can also notify the owner or developer of the property quickly and prevent brokers from paying damages.